Today’s Slapshot is quickly becoming a desirable destination for writers that are looking to get paid for their work. If you’ve got experience and a desire to help make this industry a better place, we want to hear from you.
We are looking to add writers who are self-motivated, able to generate story ideas and have the ability to write feature stories at least 600 words in length. The ability to write quality stories without quotes and not in first person is also a requirement.
We are not looking for game previews or recaps at this time, but here’s what we are looking for (Updated through 5/29/16):
- Toronto Maple Leafs
- Montreal Canadiens
- Boston Bruins
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Winnipeg Jets
- Buffalo Sabres
- Anaheim Ducks
- Colorado Avalanche
- Minnesota Wild
- St. Louis Blues
- Ottawa Senators
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Washington Capitals
- Nashville Predators
If any of these openings interest you (or you have something else in mind), email: [email protected] with a handful of samples (or links to articles) and answers to the following questions:
1. Where have you written about the NHL or hockey in the past? If you’re no longer with the outlet, why did you decide to leave?
2. What are your goals in this industry and what could TSS do to help you achieve them?
3. Are you able to commit to a set schedule that you’d adhere to on a weekly basis? If so, what is your availability?
4. Do you have any skills outside of writing that could be of value to the site?
5. List five story ideas or angles that you’d be interested in writing about if given the opportunity to come on board.
6. Anything else you think we should know about you, feel free to tell us.
Extra points go to individuals that have an updated resume. Please keep in mind that we receive multiple emails each day regarding open positions and we won’t be able to respond to everyone individually. If there’s a fit, we’ll let you know.